Welcome to my blog! I have been intrigued by the idea of a blog for a while now. When I was a girl I always wanted to keep a diary. But, I would get one and keep up with it for a week or two. Hopefully I'll do better with this! This blog probably won't be especially exciting, but if you want to hear about what's going on at our house then just read on!

Friday, September 3, 2010

Birthday

So, I'm gonna be 35 tomorrow. Have I really been around that long? I actually had to think about it for a minute to remember how old I'm gonna be! I think the fam and I are going to see Ramona and Bezus tomorrow and probably get some ice cream or something yummy like that. I might even talk them into squeezing in a little shopping. Thinking of another birthday makes me think of birthdays when I was a child. Our Mother always made a big deal out of our birthdays and it was the most exciting day of the year! Okay, my birthday and Christmas were the two most exciting days of the year! I think my most memorable birthday was my sixteenth birthday. I had a big party and it was the only one that I got to invite boys to! I didn't receive a shiny new car. What I did receive was a shiny new silver trumpet! I had been borrowing the school's old beat up trumpet and I was so shocked and happy to get the most beautiful trumpet I had ever seen! Yes, I was a total band nerd. I still have that trumpet and I will be handing it over to my 11 year old daughter on Monday to start band. I am hoping that it will bring her as much joy as it did me.

2 comments: